[Ads-l] Now in your hands, the the key to the "singularity"... (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 5 12:47:48 UTC 2016

> Do not use...

Why not?

Has anyone determined what percentage of East Asian people are
actually "offended" by "Oriental"?

Or is it an argument from the authority of the handful of persons who
asserted it was offensive ca1970?

After nearly half a century, however, it is clear that "East Asian" is
in and "Oriental" is out.  Which is fine with me.  My objection is to
the smug acceptance of glib pronouncements by persons (usually not
linguists or psychologists) whose agenda is and backed by no objective
data.

JL