[Ads-l] Heard: _cush_ "vulva"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jun 7 13:29:47 UTC 2016

Well, given a choice between 'money' and the below, and given that 'vagina' is often (as, I warrant, here) used for 'vulva', I believe sense (2) (with the second of the three subsenses) is the relevant one rather than sense (1).  I should note that HDAS does not provide a gloss for the non-'money' sense, but has "see 1965 quot.", which is the cite from Trimble's _Sex Words_ reproduced below.  Partridge's 1967 DSUE 6th ed., which suggests the Arabic source, glosses it as 'female genitalia'.

LH