[Ads-l] Put it in the gray basket

Thu Jun 9 15:28:13 UTC 2016

Here are matches for "gray basket" in the UFO domain.  The term was
used when discussing information about alien encounters. The second
citation employs "fairly large gray basket" and "bulging gray basket".

Year: 1997
Title: The God hypothesis: extraterrestrial life and its implications
for science and religion
Author: Joe Lewels
Publisher: Mill Spring, NC: Wild Flower Press
Database: Google Books Snippet; data may be inaccurate

(Ellipsis in original text)

[Begin excerpt]
In the April 1993 issue of the MUFON Journal, Carpenter cautiously
revealed that researchers had held back their knowledge of the "lizard
creatures" from the general public for fear of being laughed at.
Researchers have "a fairly large gray basket to which other alien
types are presently relegated. . .because they are judged either too
weird, too unlikely or too few to be significant." But when
researchers began to share some of these findings, they discovered
"amazing matches and similarities." Carpenter, who has had about a
dozen cases in which his subjects have reported such encounters,
reports that the creatures are often described as being "hideous, rude
and aggressive."
[End excerpt]

Website: UFO Digest ufodigest.com
Topic: REPTILIANS AND OTHER UNMENTIONABLES
Aticle title: Abduction Notes: Reptilians and other Unmentionables