[Ads-l] "gawker" rhymes with "rocker"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 11 14:19:39 UTC 2016

The problem is communication and standardization.  If someone said "We gocked but didn't tock"  I wouldn't know what they were saying. (We gawked but didn't talk)I would think that a major news network would try to keep local accents down, especially one that is working to eliminate a phoneme from out language that we need.  It's not "shock and ah". It's "shock and awe".  But if you listen to "awe" on m-w.com it's spoken "ah".  So I can't recommend m-w.com for pronunciation.

Tom Zurinskas,  Originally SWConn 20 yrs,  college Tenn 3,  work NJ  33,  now FL 14.The need for truespel phonetics - http://justpaste.it/truespelnow