[Ads-l] Pivot again

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jun 13 13:27:51 UTC 2016

Doonesbury, Sunday, June 12, 2016.  A new strip, not one of the daily reruns.

Chris [Simm], a Walden dropout being awarded an honorary degree (Arnold Zwicky's blog informs me Sunday was Stanford's Graduation Day, not its Commencement Day), urging graduates to follow his example and break away from a regimented society:  "It doesn't have to be that way, people!  It's not too late to pivot!  If I can do it, so can you!"

Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau, June 12, 2016 Via @GoComics

|   |
| Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau, June 12, 2016 Via @G...One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles. |
|  |
| View on www.gocomics.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I am sad to report that the Boston Globe lacks the first two panels present on the web site, so that its readers would not learn Chris's last name.  And Arnold adds credence to my impression that Chris Simm is a new character.

Joel