[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Drop the mike (UNCLASSIFIED)

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 13 17:33:56 UTC 2016

Literal mic drops have a longer history in hip-hop and standup comedy. This
article talks about mic drops from Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Chris
Rock, et al.:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/01/25/a_history_of_the_mic_drop_when_did_people_start_dropping_the_mic.html

The "Among the New Words" treatment just covers the more figurative usage.