[Ads-l] Antedating of golf term "mulligan" to 1919--in cricket!!

Mon Jun 20 17:10:08 UTC 2016

DG: I understood the similarity as meaning a 'free shot".

Hm.  Yes.  That would bring it within shouting distance anyway of the
current sense.  It still lacks the sense of a do-over shot.  By the way --
I know less about golf than I do about cricket.

GAT