[Ads-l] Woty favourite?

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jun 27 23:39:34 UTC 2016

I assume there will be an up or down vote on the entire category as a whoe, not on its individual members.

Joel

      From: Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 7:29 PM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Woty favourite?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

I refer of course to "Brexit".  Just came across a reference to the
> Brexiteers and I'm sure other spinoffs abound.

Back in February for my WSJ column I wrote about "Brexit," "Brexiter,"
"Brexiteer," "Bremain," "Bremainer," "Brexpert," etc.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/britains-eu-choice-brexit-or-bremain-1456499551

In recent days many more spinoffs have been added, including "Regrexit,"
"Bregret," "Bremorse," etc. Probably worth its own special category in the
WOTY voting.

--bgz