[Ads-l] QOTY? multiple positions

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 28 21:14:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> > On Jun 28, 2016, at 4:35 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
> wrote:
> >
> > I heard this once before, most likely on _Veep_, as "has got more
> > positions than the Kama Sutra."
> >
> > Now apparently defunct,
>
> On hiatus, I believe.  Not at all defunct.  (Those with premium cable are
> in a better position to weigh in on this.)

Last Sunday was the finale of Season 5 -- we'll have to wait until next
year for Season 6. Plenty of time to catch up and log all the colorful
vulgarities.

I don't recall the Kama Sutra line getting used on "Veep," but Mike
Huckabee reportedly said it about Mitt Romney in 2008, according to the
pundit Mark Shields a few years later:

https://archive.org/details/KQED_20110904_220000_Inside_Washington#start/1020/end/1080
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/noel-sheppard/2011/09/03/mark-shields-romney-has-more-positions-kama-sutra

 --bgz