[Ads-l] Source(s) on history of alveolar tap/flap in English dialects?

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 29 17:25:13 UTC 2016

George Philip Krapp, in _The Pronunciation of Standard English in America_
(1919), noted the phenomenon in "relaxed and slovenly speech."

https://books.google.com/books?id=NcApAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA100
(p. 100)