[Ads-l] QOTY? multiple positions

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Thu Jun 30 14:06:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:00:31 Zone-0400 Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> wrote:
Subject: Re: QOTY? multiple positions (UNCLASSIFIED)

>> On Jun 29, 2016, at 6:47 PM, Joel Berson <berson at ATT.NET> wrote:>
>>
>> Now perhaps someone can take it back to having been applied to Cato?
>
>Or at least to Gandhi.

https://books.google.com/books?id=yFl_2hkhLmIC&dq=gandhi%2Bkama+sutra&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Edwin Brock _Invisibility is the Art of Survival_ New Directions Publishing, 1972 (the title page is not available; this is Google Book's date)

Gandhi sat in India
Cross-legged by a spinning-wheel
"Gandhi will get you if you
don't behave" my mother said.

<snip>

The last time I thought about India
the <I>Kama Sutra</I> was out in paperback,
but trying to read it with a slipped disc
and a paunchy waist was difficult.

<snip>

India's a nice kind of phantasy,
but Gandhi's dead, and you can be sold
the <i>Kama Sutra</i> in a Butlin's camp
by one of those nice red-coated girls.