[Ads-l] [VAR-L] She text me

Clai Rice cxr1086 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Tue Mar 1 18:14:12 UTC 2016

I have two examples of text as past tense in my files, both from the hills
of Mississippi in 2012:
(looking at her phone) "He just text me from the back yard."
"He said he text me from the store but I didn't see it in time."

This group of people, my extended in-laws, also used "teks" for the
infinitive after modals:
"He said he was gonna teks me."
I have a handful of those, but I didn't get any present
tense/non-auxiliary forms.

These forms were pretty clear--my wife noticed them also--and from a group
of people who live and work in roughly the same county of Mississippi.
Caucasian, and age range from early 20s to mid-40s.

Clai