[Ads-l] sexist "crazy"

Christopher Philippo toff at MAC.COM
Sat Mar 26 14:01:39 UTC 2016

On Mar 26, 2016, at 9:37 AM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM> wrote:
> Yes, the quote is gender-related.  If Bernie Sanders were generally considered to be the shoo-in (shoe-in?) for the Democratic nomination, then Cruz would most likely have stopped with the "gift-wrapped" metaphor.  Men are not expected to receive presents with pink ribbons on them.  However, I don't see anything demeaning to Ms. Clinton in this quote, so I would say it is not sexist; the pink ribbon merely makes the metaphor more vivid (colorful?)

Seems more likely the pink little ribbon for the Democratic party would be referring to the Republicans giving the Democrats the votes of women given the very vocal misogyny of Trump

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/03/donald_trump_has_one_core_philosophy_misogyny.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/us/politics/donald-trumps-misogyny-out-of-the-mouths-of-ordinary-women.html

not that the Republicans would be giving Hillary Clinton anything.