[Ads-l] S-drop in BE

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 31 03:00:44 UTC 2016

Ca. 1972, a white friend who has grown up to be president emritus of the
University of Phoenix, told me of hearing the Boston Red Sox referred to as
the "... Sock," by the local - Providence, RI, black people. That struck me
as unlikely, but, of course,

Youneverknow.

IAC, I've now heard an interview with the late Texas bluesman, Lightning
Hopkins, in which he discusses making him his first pswaydo-guitar out of a
cigar "bock." Unless he's saying simply "bah." My ears are at least as old
as I am. So, I can't be sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHUFTMvBNls
ca. 1:21.

--