[Ads-l] "And tell 'em * sent you!"

Peter Morris peter_morris_1 at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Tue May 3 17:46:26 UTC 2016

You go up to that place, ring the bell, and give this card
to the guy that comes to the door. Just tell him Al sent
you, and he'll fix you up.

1921 (?)   http://tinyurl.com/zd54egn

You're no crabber or piker-I can seen that. You go to
the North Star. Tell Frank that Jakey sent you. They'll
treat you white. You be sure and say Jakey sent you; but
for Gawd's sake keep out of the Big Tent!

Ibid.  http://tinyurl.com/guyl4nu

Jack Doran and the othe boys are down at Tom Murphy's barn
... go to 'em; say I sent you; say you were spakin' a bit to me,
an' tell 'em the same words I tould you.

1831  http://tinyurl.com/hx9tr29