[Ads-l] opaque

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 10:50:12 UTC 2016

To OED 3a ('Hard to understand; obscure in meaning; not clear or lucid'). I
would add:  'deceptively vague':

David Gregory on CNN:

"On the Muslim ban, listen to how opaque Donald Trump is, about there's
thousands of people coming in - there's a whole security apparatus about
letting migrants into the country that he glosses over. So being that vague
I think says something."

Without the clarification in sentence two, I'd have thought he meant
'obtuse' (OED: "Obs.") or worse.

JL