[Ads-l] antedating (I think) "flyboy" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 6 23:28:53 UTC 2016

Thank you, Fred. I blame the ol' memory banks: that's why I qualified it
with "(I think)."

Except in the world of Milton Caniff, the word (I think) doesn't become
common in print till after WWII.

Thus the movie _Flyboys_  (2006),  set in WW1, is, lexically, egregiously
anachronistic. (The WW1 equivalent was "birdman.")

JL