[Ads-l] off the reservation (1892)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 7 17:14:13 UTC 2016

On CNN  Jake Tapper apologized to a guest for quoting the phrase, saying
that many Native Americans found it "highly offensive."

The African-American guest (a Sanders "surrogate") said,  "Terrible.
Terrible."

Once again Sen. Clinton inadvertently played into Mr. Trump's hands (like
the time she barked on stage like a dog). "Off the reservation" is/was not
infrequently applied to adulterous husbands.

JL