[Ads-l] RES: New to me: "go pear-shaped"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 9 20:50:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Jim Parish <jparish at siue.edu> wrote:

> Britishisms have been creeping into US-speak.

It would be a real mitzve, if "go missing" went missing!

The TV show, NCIS, has had a British character from the very beginning.
But, I've never heard "go pear-shaped" before today. However, since the
episode in which I heard it is a re-run and the oldest UD cite - ID-ing it
as "British" - is from '03, that I haven't heard/seen it before now is
purely coincidental.
--
-Wilson
-----