[Ads-l] Modern Proverb: Tie - like kissing your sister

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sun Oct 2 19:03:44 UTC 2016

Garson wrote:

<<The sibling simile was applied to the consumption of tasteless veal in 1854.>>

Which might perhaps serve link the whole ball of wax back to an ultimate source
in "the salt hath lost its savour" (Matthew 3.13).

Or, as a pop (as they were then called) singer, I think it was Lonnie Donegan,
once sang so appositely in my long-ago youth:

      "Does chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?"

Robin