[Ads-l] Progressive Insurance commercial

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 9 07:22:50 UTC 2016

"Well, maybe the neighbors need to be _woken_."

This leads another character to argue that the speaker should have said "awo
ken."

Why is the conjugation of  _(a)wake(n)_ such a problem, I wonder? I can't r
emember what I used before I got to high school, but what I was taught to
 use in high school was different, both from what I was taught in grade scho
ol and from what is used, today.

FWIW, I would say,

"Well, maybe the neighbors need to be _waked (up)_/_awakened_."

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----