[Ads-l] Latent anti-Semitism [Was: Provenance of /Or/ > [ar] / __@ ?]

Tim Stewart timoteostewart1977 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 9 19:32:48 UTC 2016

Eh. I thought I departed from the prevailing opinion in a reasonable way
and offered evidence (Dan Nosowitz's most recent 30 article titles). Dan
studied English lit and Jewish lit at university, per his Facebook profile.
It just seems that his word choice is more likely explained by a certain
journalistic writing style than that he's a latent anti-Semite.

Tim

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Margaret Winters <mewinters at wayne.edu
> <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > And is not incompatible with certain kinds of what Joel calls latent
> > anti-Semitism.
>

> I agree with Joel.
>
> Tim's comments remind me of an episode of American Dad in which Stan Smith,
> the Dad, goes to sub-Saharan Africa to find his son. He questions a local,
> who rhetorically asks, "Do you mean the white boy?" Stan angrily retorts,
> "Why is everything always about race with you black people?!"
>

> --
> -Wilson
> -----
> -Mark Twain

Read excerpts from the forthcoming *Dictionary of Christianese
<http://www.dictionaryofchristianese.com/>*