[Ads-l] off-mike 'unguarded'

Sat Oct 15 16:40:21 UTC 2016

The use of the phrase "off-mike comments" given by JL fits the OED
extended sense of "takes place behind the scenes", but it conflicts
with the other OED sense of "distant from, or not facing, a
microphone".

[Begin OED excerpt]
off-mike, adv. and adj.
B. adj.
  Not employing or speaking directly into a microphone; that is
distant from, or not facing, a microphone; (hence, in extended use)
that takes place behind the scenes; that is not part of a performance.
[End excerpt]

Garson