[Ads-l] The _third degree_ antedating (?)

Sun Oct 23 08:07:45 UTC 2016

Robin Hamilton wrote:
> Different text, earlier printing, wrong publication date.

Thanks for double-checking the date, Robin. The first link below
points to the title page of the book I consulted. The title page has
the date 1887 printed at the bottom. Scrolling to the next page shows
1887 as the date for the copyright. Based on that information I
concluded that the book was published in 1887.

Year: 1887
Title: Recollections of a New York chief of police