[Ads-l] kick, v, without preposition, to start working?

Sat Oct 29 15:55:14 UTC 2016

Sports articles contained the construction "the game kicks at (time)" by 2001.

Date: August 16, 2001
Newspaper: The Deseret News
Newspaper Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Section: Sports
Article: Northridge, Bingham headline grid openers
Author/Byline: Jay Hinton (Deseret News prep editor)
Quote Page D05
Database: NewsBank Access World News

[Begin excerpt]
At the time, Fernandes welcomes the match-up.

"I'd rather play a Bingham or a Skyline early as a yardstick to see
where you are," he said. "If you don't play well against them then you
know what you need to do to get better."

The game kicks at 7 p.m.
[End excerpt]

Garson