[Ads-l] "crime" (v)?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 2 21:33:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> I suppose it could be argued Trump was saying "[there is, as a result]
> crime all over the place", but that seems like a stretch.

Not to me. But, ya gotta admit that interpreting this as The Donald's using
_crime_ as a verb is no stretch, either. His listeners know what he's
saying: "Minorities, especially the foreign-born, non-European kind, bring
crime to white neighborhoods!"  They don't care how he says it.

[My apologies to Zed for asserting that I know the thought-processes of a
group of which I am not a member.]
--
-Wilson
-----