[Ads-l] "void _out_"?!

Marc Sacks msacksg at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 15 18:45:58 UTC 2016

Laurence Horn wrote, "But the other ones Wilson cites tend to reinforce a
sense I have that "out" as a particle is called on to do more work than it
used to do."

Does "listen up" fall into this category?

I suppose to "hate on" something is related but different: making a verb
intransitive by squeezing a preposition between it and its object. (There's
probably an official grammatical name for this, but I don't know it.)

Marc Sacks