[Ads-l] "VERB at straws"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Thu Sep 22 00:13:12 UTC 2016

I realise that, even for me, my previous post might have been somewhat obscure.
 Leaving the question of Black Bess's master aside [though it actually does
impact tangentially], what crossed my mind in wonderment was whether there was
an Aarne-Thompson number which would include the following:

                  TOPOS -- Things of value heedlessly cast aside:

1.   The widow's mite

2.   Pearls before swine

3.   The Fable of the Cock and the Jewel

Clear now?

Robin