[Ads-l] While reading recently an article on-line...

imwitty imwitty at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 23:37:57 UTC 2016

I stumbled upon a new – not just for me – word among 3,000 plus comments.
Here's the exact excerpt:

*Commenter A: *This corrupt dictatorship will do anything to get votes for
themselves. Anything, including putting American lives at risk. Lord help
me, I detest [*name*] and all of his *gherys.*

*Commenter B: *I don't know what a *ghery* is, but I agree about detesting [
*name*].

*Commenter A: *Well, the term is rather archaic by now. It means basically
-- *a paid thug*, *a yes-man*, *a goon*, *a gorilla*, *a henchman*.

I tried to find that word in many dictionaries, including OED, slang, etc.,
etc., with ZERO results. Is it familiar to anybody?

L.
Please reply to imwitty at gmail.com
Whatever you wish for me, may you have
twice as much.
This e-mail is a natural product. The slight
variations in spelling and grammar enhance
its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects.