[Ads-l] I say Rally; you say Rawly

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Wed Sep 28 01:54:45 UTC 2016

As Jimmy the Six and One said, or is said to have said, on first greeting him on
the English and Scottish border, "I hae heard somewhat rawly o ye, Sir Walter."

(Yeah, right, was Jimmy thinking of "She was a lady whom time surprised," or
"Better a republic than that [unprintable] Scot" ?)

Robin