[Ads-l] Quip: insurmountable opportunity (Request help)

Tue Apr 11 16:50:55 UTC 2017

Back in January I sent a request message to the list about a saying
attributed to Walt Kelly's "Pogo" comic strip. An article on the topic
is now available:

We Are Confronted by an Insurmountable Opportunity
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/04/10/opportunity/

[Begin acknowledgement excerpt]
Many thanks to Bonnie Taylor-Blake who accessed the 1956 and 1959
citations. Special thanks to Ben Zimmer who identified some valuable
1968 citations from W. Willard Wirtz. Additional thanks to John Baker
and Robin Hamilton for their “Pogo” expertise.
[End acknowledgement excerpt]

Feedback welcome
Garson