[Ads-l] "You are evidently _de-synthesized_ to it."

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 14 20:41:38 UTC 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_Rights_Act_of_1965#Racial_gerrymandering

While Section 2 and Section 5 prohibit jurisdictions from drawing electoral
districts that dilute the votes of protected minorities, the Supreme Court
has held that in some instances, the Equal Protection Clause of the
Fourteenth Amendment prevents jurisdictions from drawing district lines to
favor protected minorities. The Court first recognized the justiciability
of affirmative "racial gerrymandering" claims in Shaw v. Reno (1993).

DanG