[Ads-l] locked and loaded, loaded and locked

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri Aug 11 13:09:54 UTC 2017

Yes. But HDAS has a quote from a (1982) military dictionary explaining that this refers to a firing-range command to lock the safety levers of weapons in the "safe" position before loading ammo. I leave it to those with more knowledge of weaponry to evaluate this suggestion....