[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: locked and loaded, loaded and locked

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 11 14:50:30 UTC 2017

"Lock & load!"  Command to shove the damn magazine in the carbine and slam
the bolt forward. That's all it ever meant to me. And hope the piece of
crap doesn't jam again.
     Synchronically speaking, in my mind, "lock & load" is a non-sequitur.
I think the round has to be shoved out of the magazine & locked into the
chamber. This may reflect a re-interpretation of a prior process with older
weaponry, as discussed; or not. For me, it's a case of hysteron proteron.
Cf. bred & born (conceived & birthed) > born & bred (birthed & reared).