[Ads-l] Heard on a "judge=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=9D_?=show:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 26 19:11:08 UTC 2017

Spoken by a forty-ish black woman, one of three judges, the other two being
white, who work as a team:

“Let me put another pin in it [= “this decision”].” I.e., “Let me add a
codicil to our final decision.”

This reminded me of an expression that my mother, 1913-2010, used to use:
_put a pin it_ ”end a discussion or an activity.” Or, as Archie used to
say, “Stifle!”

--
-Wilson
-----