[Ads-l] Drama Critic Motto: Leave no turn unstoned

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Dec 3 17:25:25 UTC 2017

Then there’s the joke and/or shaggy dog story with the punchline “Leave no tern unstoned”.  Wonder how far back that one goes?
There must be a whole inventory of these reversals, ranging from “Time wounds all heels” to the (real or faux) Dorothy Parker bon mot “Tell him I’m too fucking busy and vice versa”...

LH