[Ads-l] "So much good in the worst of us" Quote

Mon Dec 4 20:02:01 UTC 2017

The sometimes reliable Wikipedia has an entry for Edward W. Hoch which
says that he was 17th Governor of Kansas.

[Begin excerpt from Wikipedia]
He bought the Marion County Record newspaper in 1874 and became a
country editor.
[End excerpt from Wikipedia]

Based on this information and the newspaper article I would conjecture
that Hoch first wrote his version of the poem in the "Marion County
Record", since he was also the publisher of the newspaper.

On the January 26, 1905 article Hoch said: "More than a year ago I
thought that up, and printed it in the 'Thoughts We Have Been
Thinking' column."

Newspapers.com has many issues of "Marion Record" in the early 1900s,
but I haven't been able to find a match.
Garson