[Ads-l] Take a knee

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Dec 26 18:04:54 UTC 2017

Possibly related . . .

_Omaha [NE] World-Herald_ 3/6/1910 p W-9 col 5

"I remember well the time when, having already killed two deer, and beginning to fancy myself a great hunter, and having practiced rifle shooting until I was reasonably sure of hitting a prairie chicken off-hand at 50 yards, and the first tracking snow of the season having come, I took the trail of a doe and two fawns on the west bank of the Nishnabotna river, just above Big Grove, and making a successful crawl upon the watchful creatures until I was within seventy-five  yards of the unsuspecting doe grazing peacefully broadside to, I took a knee rest (that is, with one knee on the ground), and missed the big target completely."