[Ads-l] Take a knee

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Dec 26 19:25:27 UTC 2017

It's not hard to find other even earlier cites.  I just picked the one I did because it was self-explanatory.

"taking a knee rest" -- 1893
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.32044099874067;view=1up;seq=332

"took a knee rest" - 1894
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015084559007;view=1up;seq=546