[Ads-l] Media Inquiry (Mike Pence calling his wife "Mother")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 3 19:30:35 UTC 2017

> On Feb 3, 2017, at 2:14 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> I wish I could offer a precise example, but this was occasionally used in
> movies by small-town, middle-aged fathers in the '30s or ‘40s.

Right; when I wrote of midwesterners who vote for people like Mike Pence, I was probably unconsciously referencing those characters.  And remember:  twin beds!

LH

>>> https://www.facebook.com/AllThatIsInteresting/