[Ads-l] Media Inquiry (Mike Pence calling his wife "Mother")

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 3 20:17:48 UTC 2017

But these threads (at least Quora) do tend to conflate the cases that need to be kept distinct:  reference (who you’re talking about) vs. address (who you’re talking to), and with children in hearing range (kitchen) or not (bedroom).  The “creepy” dimension only comes into play with address with no children present (e.g. when they’re off in college).

LH