[Ads-l] Media Inquiry (Mike Pence calling his wife "Mother")

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Fri Feb 3 21:04:46 UTC 2017

​This is of limited interest for American English, but as a point of
comparison, I've been racking my brain who in my family did this... in
German. The best I can come up with is my stepmother's parents, who, at
least in the company of other family members, called each other mother and
father (in Franconian dialect). Not just referred to each other, but
addressed each other. If I'm not mistaken (both are now dead). That would
be Catholic working class rural/small town ​Upper Franconia.

Chris