[Ads-l] The Full Nine Yards(1946, 1947, 1951) not an antedating

sclements at NEO.RR.COM sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Feb 19 23:16:24 UTC 2017

Again, using newspapers.com  (From the South)

22 September 1946 _The Courier-Journal_ Louisville, KY  30/3 of the Suncay Roto-Magazine

"Banana fritters can be eaten without any decoration other than a dash of cinnamon, or a drift of whipped cream.  Others go the full nine yards and serve them with a sauce."

This was in a food article as were the 1947 and 1951 hits, all in the Courier-Journal.  All were written by Cissy Gregg, long time home consultant who hailed from the tiny town of Cynthiana, KY.  Cynthiana is about 100 miles due North of Mr. Vernon KY.

The 1947 hit said "We went the full nine yards and added mushrooms."  The 1951 cite was "We, however, always go the full nine yards and so added a topping of buttered frosting and did a little decorating with cinnamon drops and slivers of citron."

Sam Clements