[Ads-l] Beethoven "Last Words"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 20 15:28:59 UTC 2017

Right, whence a better translation than Google's “Too late to shame” below, which I can’t make sense of anyway, is “Pity, too late” or “What a shame, too late” (about the wine).  _The Bedside Book of Final Words_ offers both “Schade, Schade, zu spät” and “Ich werde im Himmel hören!” as possible last words.  No tape-recorded evidence, apparently.

LH