[Ads-l] assorted

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 27 16:26:00 UTC 2017

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 11:17 AM, Joel Berson <berson at ATT.NET> wrote:
>
> Didn't we "throw ourselves down *with* a sled", rather than "on"?  That is, while holding it beneath oneself, not while it was already on the ground.  Or more formally, "throw oneself down on the ground with a sled".
>
> Joel

I honestly can’t recall the algorithm.  60-65 years is a lot of snow under the bridge.  But I do recall that there were variations—going down backward, or two on a sled, that might have created complications for your method.  What I do clearly recall is a traumatic experience when I couldn’t locate a tree to steer my sled into at the bottom of the hill into Riverside Drive and therefore steering instead into a very surprised older lady’s ankles.  She was not most pleased.  Dear lady, in the unlikely event that you’re on ADS-L at the age of 115 or so, I apologize (again).

LH