[Ads-l] 1868 Disraeli-attributed quotation: "...My ancestors were lords of the tabernacle...his were naked savages...."

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sat Jan 7 18:10:47 UTC 2017

I wasn't going to mention this earlier because it's the opposite of what we've been talking about (here Jews = exploited class), but since it's semi-famous and we're branching out:

Hesh, the Jewish studio mogul, to Massive Genius, an African-American rap impresario seeing reparations for the treatment of exploited musicians:

"You're talking to the wrong white man, my friend. My people were the white man's nigger when yours were still painting their faces and chasing zebras."

--The Sopranos, "A Hit is a Hit" (Season 1, episode 10), 1999