[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: "Gaslight" as a verb only five decades old

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jan 11 21:28:47 UTC 2017

My mother, in the mid- to late 1950s, was fond of alluding to “gaslight” under the same circumstances (also with tongue in cheek, not actual paranoia), sometimes by saying “Gaslight” holophrastically, but as far as I can recall she didn’t use it as a verb.

LH