[Ads-l] Another early "fact" = 'idea; proposition.'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 22:50:43 UTC 2017

It would seem that the "proposition; idea" sense exists almost solely in
the construction "the fact that."

Getting back to _The Green Slime_, the context makes it clear that nobody
knows yet whether Dr. Halvorsen's theory is correct (i.e., a genuine
"fact") or not.

I posted several exx. over the years. Here's a good one from '09:

"We can't be lulled into the fact that all these al-Qaeda people are
flubs....They are expert bombers."

JL