[Ads-l] The President conversates:

Margaret Winters mewinters at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jan 13 01:49:05 UTC 2017

As a noun, 'ask'  is common in fund-raising/development circles - the request for a donation.

----------------------------
MARGARET E WINTERS
Professor Emerita
French and Linguistics
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI  48202

mewinters at wayne.edu

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:23 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: The President conversates:

"I do have one final _ask_ of you as your President..."

That's right up there with

"5 blogs worth your _follow_."

As a Canadian buddy says, "What the hell, eh?"

--
-Wilson
-----

American Dialect Society<http://www.americandialect.org/>
www.americandialect.org
The American Dialect Society, founded in 1889, is dedicated to the study of the English language in North America, and of other languages, or dialects of other ...