[Ads-l] Facebookery: "Sally refuses to be _gaslit_."

Yagoda, Ben byagoda at UDEL.EDU
Fri Jan 13 14:29:15 UTC 2017

I wonder if the writers pointedly had Duke use the irregular form. According the Wikipedia, “[Ronnie] Schell played his Duke Slater character as streetwise, compared to Pyle's bucolic background.” Is “gaslit” more streetwise than “gaslighted”?